The World’s Crappiest Social Media Promotion Ever
Burlington Bytes is crowdsourcing our latest promotion and challenging our fans, friends of fans, and friends of friends of fans to stick the Burlington Bytes logo sticker in the most creative places possible. If you snap a photo of the Burlington Bytes sticker placed somewhere creative then tag Burlington Bytes, you could win a whopping $250.00 and never work again for the rest of your life. If the $250.00 isn’t exciting enough for you, wait there’s more! Your sticker image may also be featured in the upcoming Burlington Bytes calendar… but stay tuned on that because if the calendar is anything like this promotion it might also fall completely flat on it’s face.
Follow the steps below and we look forward to wading through your not-so-safe-for-work submissions on Facebook & Instagram.
Step 1: Fill out the form at the bottom of this page and send us your physical mailing address.
Step 2: We’ll mail you Burlington Bytes logo stickers to use for the promotion.
Step 3: Once you get those stickers, place said stickers in the most creative places you can think of. We’re hoping for some quintessential Vermontiness, like the back half of a Cow somewhere roaming around in a pasture but we’re also open to any outrageously, crude and wildly inappropriate but hilarious placements of stickers. Let’s just try and avoid being extremely offensive…
Step 5: Once we’re tagged, our expert panel of sticker placement engineers, who are experts mind you, will review your submissions and pick a winning photo. If you win, we’ll mail you your $250.00 Visa or you can come pick it up or whatever. I don’t know, this wasn’t my idea.
Terms & Conditions Apply
Fill out this form to enter:
Oops! We could not locate your form.
Terms & Conditions
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: The World’s Crappiest Social Media Promotion Ever contest is open only to those who sign up at https://www.burlingtonbytes.com/news/sticker-promotion-enter-win-250/ and who are at least eighteen years old as of the date of entry.The Campaign is only open to legal residents of the United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Burlington Bytes LLC (“Burlington Bytes”), its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Burlington Bytes, in its sole and absolute discretion, as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign. You agree to abide by all applicable laws, rules, regulations and refrain from any illegal conduct (including defacing or trespassing upon the property of any third party) in connection with your participation in the Campaign.
- Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on March 25th, 2017 and ending April 25th, 2017. All online entries must be received by April 25th, 2017.
- How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://www.burlingtonbytes.com/news/sticker-promotion-enter-win-250/. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Burlington Bytes.
- Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive $250 in cold hard cash money. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award, and based on the faith and credit in the US gov’t – which is no small variance. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Burlington Bytes. No prize substitution shall be permitted except at Burlington Bytes discretion. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Burlington Bytes to use Winner’s contest entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend solely on the skill of the entrant and the mood of the selection committee tasked with picking a winner.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by selection committee vote under the supervision of the Burlington Bytes’ office dog, Savannah. Winner will be notified by email, mail, or Facebook within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Burlington Bytes LLC shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 5 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT BURLINGTON BYTES LLC‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Burlington Bytes LLC, anyone acting on behalf of Burlington Bytes, and Burlington Byte’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Burlington Bytes. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Burlington Bytes from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Burlington Bytes LLC may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms & Conditions: Burlington Bytes reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Burlington Byte’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Burlington Bytes may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Burlington Bytes LLC. Burlington Bytes reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Burlington Bytes LLC has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason.Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Burlington Bytes reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. Not to mention, your family will be incredibly disappointed in you.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Burlington Bytes and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF VERMONT, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Chittenden County, Vermont having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, please first recognize that you are “that person”, then, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Burlington Bytes LLC 2 Church Street, Burlington Vermont 05401. Requests must be received no later than May 31st, 2017.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Burlington Bytes LLC, 2 Church Street Burlington Vermont, 05401
- Facebook: The Campaign hosted by Burlington Bytes LLC is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- By submitting entry to this contest, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.