Greg is the self-appointed comedian of the Bytes.co team, much to his coworkers’ dismay. His good-joke to bad-joke ratio is currently 13 / 30.
Bad puns aside, Greg is a serious developer, who studied Computer Science at Carnegie Mellon University. He takes pride in ensuring that every site launched by Bytes.co is maintainable, future-proofed, and built with best practices in mind. Even in his off hours, Greg volunteers with the Burlington WordPress networking group, mentors developers on Reddit’s /r/wordpress subreddit, and speaks at several developers’ conferences yearly.
In his spare time, Greg likes to play guitar, cook with friends, and build laser-armed killer robots.
Fun facts about Greg:
- Prior to working at Bytes.co, he was the CTO of a small tech startup.
- At one point he worked for Google, supporting open-source software projects.
- He worked as a professional Fire Performer while attending college.
- In 2005, Greg competed as a bagpiper in the World Pipe Band Championships, taking 16th place in Division 4.
- Due to his work with the US Marine Corps, Greg was briefly classified as a weapon of mass-destruction.
- At the age of 8, Greg was investigated by the Secret Service.
- Greg was once questioned as a potential accomplice in a case involving the kidnapping of an officer of the law, and grand theft horse. He was not prosecuted.
- In 2006, he was named Time Magazine’s Person of the Year.