We’re planning to grow our business for our 10th straight year in 2020, and part of this will entail hiring multiple employees across all three of our departments. Our goal has always to been to build a team of fun people who are interested in working together towards perfecting our crafts and helping our clients. We believe in balance. Balancing work with your life. Balancing the amount of beer your drink from the office keg with the amount of time you spend enjoying everything Vermont has to offer. Balancing functionality with efficiency in your code. All positions are on-site and come with health insurance, wellness stipend, vacation and PTO, plus the opportunity to join one of Vermont’s fastest growing web companies. We’re an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants. Send us a resume if you want to learn more… [email protected]
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS INFO
- Competitive salaries commensurate with experience
- Full health benefits including dental and vision coverage
- 401k with company match
- Wellness Stipend
- 15 days PTO per year for new employees
- 8 company holidays per year + end of year closing
- Flex schedule
- Casual dress code
- Fun, small company atmosphere!
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
This role will include architecting and defining solutions to complex technical problems, software interactions, or front end design issues. You will be a source of great ideas and support for our development team, and will also help to build and update websites primarily using the WordPress content management system, but will also be asked to manipulate additional open source platforms such as Magento. Given your strong technical aptitude and creative problem-solving skills, you will work individually or with a small team to help support our wide range of existing websites and 3rd party integrations. Our most successful employees have been able to apply their skills on the job and create unique roles for themselves within our team; we encourage you to do the work here that you do best. This is a full time, salaried position with benefits and will be based in our Burlington, Vermont office.
While working independently and as a collaborative member of a small team, your responsibilities will include:
- Build and maintain backend software, databases (MySQL/mariadb) and systems to drive functionality for websites
- Deliver new website options or functionality based on client requests, continued feedback, and creative problem solving
- Work collaboratively with team members to help identify and fix bugs
- Be comfortable with rapidly changing projects according to daily needs and tracking billable hours*
- Provide regular status updates to Project Managers or Business Development Team
- Identify solutions that can be applied to improve the accuracy, efficiency, and functionality of existing and new web applications
- Work quickly and efficiently to meet tight deadlines and budget requirements
- Stay current on industry trends, best practices, emerging technologies*
- Experience working with responsive web design principles
- Experience working with eCommerce platforms such as WooCommerce, Magento, Shopify, 3DCart, etc
- Knowledge of CRM and Project Management tools such as Basecamp, Trello, Harvest or ZenDesk
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
Strong attention to detail, persistent drive for problem solving, the ability to resolve complex problems in an ever-evolving environment, demonstrated organizational skills, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, ability to work independently and within a team, highly responsive, flexible, and adaptable to changing priorities / deadlines, ability to think critically and be creative.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
You are responsible for helping to support and maintain our wide range of existing websites. You are expected to develop or maintain good relationships with clients as you work with them over the phone, via email, or in person to resolve reported technical problems. You will act as the bridge between our Engineering Team and the Customer by triaging support tasks to developers while communicating expectations to Clients. This entry level position is a great opportunity to work alongside a talented group of developers, designers, digital marketers, and project managers! This is a full time position in our Support Department based in downtown Burlington, VT.
While working independently and as a collaborative member of the team, your responsibilities will include:
- Frequent updates to WordPress and/or Magento websites using graphical interface.
- Occasional coding with HTML or CSS.
- Translating technical jargon into plain English for Clients.
- Basic graphic manipulation using Adobe Photoshop CC or CS6.
- Conduct basic client training sessions in person or over the phone.
- Work collaboratively with team members to help identify and document issues, including cross browser and device specific problems.
- Directly manage Client support inquiries and communications via phone, email, or chat.
- Be comfortable managing multiple and rapidly changing tasks according to daily needs.
- Provide regular status updates to Clients and direct manager.
- Work efficiently to meet deadlines and task requirements.
- Stay current on industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working with WordPress strongly preferred.
- Familiar with responsive web design principles or “mobile first” design.
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, Adobe Photoshop, GSuite Tools, Microsoft Excel.
- Exposure to eCommerce platforms such as WooCommerce, Magento, Shopify, 3D Cart, etc.
- Experience in a customer/client facing role.
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
Extreme attention to detail, persistent drive for problem-solving, excellent reading comprehension, ability to manage complex problems in an ever evolving environment, exhibits exceptional customer service, demonstrated organizational skills, ability to multitask, and perhaps most importantly the ability to think critically and be creative.
Burlington Bytes, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Burlington Bytes, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Burlington Bytes, LLC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Burlington Bytes, LLC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.