We’re planning to grow our business for our 11th straight year in 2021, and part of this will entail hiring multiple employees across all three of our departments. Our goal has always to been to build a team of fun people who are interested in working together towards perfecting our crafts and helping our clients. We believe in balance. Balancing work with your life. Balancing the amount of beer you drink from the office keg with the amount of time you spend enjoying everything Vermont has to offer. Balancing functionality with efficiency in your code. All positions come with health insurance, wellness stipend, vacation and PTO, plus the opportunity to join one of Vermont’s fastest growing web companies. We’re an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants. Send us a resume if you want to learn more… [email protected]
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS INFO
- 401k match
- Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Wellness stipend
- Equipment stipend
- Professional development / learning allocation
- Generous PTO
- Annual holiday office closure to spend time with friends and family
- Flexible schedule
- Paid parental leave
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
You are responsible for helping to support and maintain our wide range of existing websites. You are expected to develop or maintain good relationships with clients as you work with them over the phone, via email, or in person to resolve reported technical problems. You will act as the bridge between our Engineering Team and the Customer by triaging support tasks to developers while communicating expectations to Clients. This entry level position is a great opportunity to work alongside a talented group of developers, designers, digital marketers, and project managers! This is a full time position in our Support Department based in downtown Burlington, VT.
While working independently and as a collaborative member of the team, your responsibilities will include:
- Frequent updates to WordPress and/or Magento websites using graphical interface.
- Occasional coding with HTML or CSS.
- Translating technical jargon into plain English for Clients.
- Basic graphic manipulation using Adobe Photoshop CC or CS6.
- Conduct basic client training sessions in person or over the phone.
- Work collaboratively with team members to help identify and document issues, including cross browser and device specific problems.
- Directly manage Client support inquiries and communications via phone, email, or chat.
- Be comfortable managing multiple and rapidly changing tasks according to daily needs.
- Provide regular status updates to Clients and direct manager.
- Work efficiently to meet deadlines and task requirements.
- Stay current on industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working with WordPress strongly preferred.
- Familiar with responsive web design principles or “mobile first” design.
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, Adobe Photoshop, GSuite Tools, Microsoft Excel.
- Exposure to eCommerce platforms such as WooCommerce, Magento, Shopify, 3D Cart, etc.
- Experience in a customer/client facing role.
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
Extreme attention to detail, persistent drive for problem-solving, excellent reading comprehension, ability to manage complex problems in an ever evolving environment, exhibits exceptional customer service, demonstrated organizational skills, ability to multitask, and perhaps most importantly the ability to think critically and be creative.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
You are the lead developer for our more complicated site builds and software integrations. This will include architecting and defining solutions to complex technical problems, software interactions, or front end design issues. You will be a source of great ideas, inspiration and support for our Engineering Team while helping to build and update websites using open source solutions like WordPress and Magento. You will work individually or with a small team to help support our wide range of existing websites and 3rd party integrations. You will also be tasked with developing innovative product solutions according to both internal and external needs.
This is a full time, salaried position with benefits and option to work remotely.
While working independently and as a collaborative member of a small team, your responsibilities will include:
- Build and maintain backend software, databases (MySQL/mariadb) and systems to drive functionality for websites
- Deliver new website options or functionality based on client requests, continued feedback, and creative problem solving
- Work collaboratively with team members to help identify and fix bugs
- Be comfortable with rapidly changing projects according to daily needs and tracking billable hours
- Provide regular status updates to Project Managers or Business Development Team
- Identify solutions that can be applied to improve the accuracy, efficiency, and functionality of existing and new web applications
- Work quickly and efficiently to meet tight deadlines and budget requirements
- Stay current on industry trends, best practices, emerging technologies
- Advanced PHP development experience
- Intermediate Linux development experience
- Intermediate or greater MySQL/MariaDB development experience
- Intermediate to advanced frontend web skills with HTML, CSS, JS, and using pre-processors and frameworks
- Intermediate WordPress development experience – plugins, themes, API
- Beginner to intermediate Python, shell script, and Docker experience
- Functional understanding of Apache, nginx and other web server software
- Functional understanding of how the Internet works and how the pieces fit together: HTTP, TLS, DNS, role of web servers, email servers
- Experience troubleshooting and diagnosing misbehaving web applications
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS: