SUMMARY OF POSITION:
You are responsible for helping to support and maintain our wide range of existing websites. You are expected to develop or maintain good relationships with clients as you work with them over the phone, via email, or in person to resolve reported technical problems. You will act as the bridge between our Engineering Team and the Customer by triaging support tasks to developers while communicating expectations to Clients. This entry level position is a great opportunity to work alongside a talented group of developers, designers, digital marketers, and project managers! This is a full time position in our Support Department based in downtown Burlington, VT.
While working independently and as a collaborative member of the team, your responsibilities will include:
- Frequent updates to WordPress and/or Magento websites using graphical interface.
- Occasional coding with HTML or CSS.
- Translating technical jargon into plain English for Clients.
- Basic graphic manipulation using Adobe Photoshop CC or CS6.
- Conduct basic client training sessions in person or over the phone.
- Work collaboratively with team members to help identify and document issues, including cross browser and device specific problems.
- Directly manage Client support inquiries and communications via phone, email, or chat.
- Be comfortable managing multiple and rapidly changing tasks according to daily needs.
- Provide regular status updates to Clients and direct manager.
- Work efficiently to meet deadlines and task requirements.
- Stay current on industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working with WordPress strongly preferred.
- Familiar with responsive web design principles or “mobile first” design.
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, Adobe Photoshop, GSuite Tools, Microsoft Excel.
- Exposure to eCommerce platforms such as WooCommerce, Magento, Shopify, 3D Cart, etc.
- Experience in a customer/client facing role.
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
Extreme attention to detail, persistent drive for problem-solving, excellent reading comprehension, ability to manage complex problems in an ever evolving environment, exhibits exceptional customer service, demonstrated organizational skills, ability to multitask, and perhaps most importantly the ability to think critically and be creative.