SUMMARY OF POSITION:
You are responsible for helping to support and maintain our wide range of existing WordPress and Magento websites. Manipulating these open sourced platforms to solve problems of various complexity will be a daily occurrence. Beyond the technical aspect, you are also expected to develop good relationships with clients as you work with them over the phone, via email, or in-person to troubleshoot and fix their website issues and concerns. This is a full-time, hourly position with benefits and will be based in our Burlington, Vermont office.
While working independently and reporting to the Support Desk Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Basic graphic manipulation using Adobe Photoshop CC or CS6
- Work collaboratively with team members to help identify and fix bugs, including cross browser and responsive problems
- Directly manage Client support inquiries and communications
- Be comfortable managing multiple and rapidly changing tasks according to daily needs
- Provide regular status updates to Clients and direct Manager
- Work efficiently to meet deadlines and budget requirements
- Stay current on industry trends, best practices, emerging technologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with 2+ years of experience working with WordPress and/or Magento platforms.
- Experience working with responsive web design principles
- Working knowledge of Photoshop
- Understanding of cross-browser, cross-platform issues
- Experience using version control systems (git, SVN)
- Exposure to eCommerce platforms such as WooCommerce, Magento, Shopify, 3D Cart, etc.
- Knowledge of CRM and Project Management tools such as Basecamp, Asana, Harvest or ZenDesk
- Experience in a customer/client-facing role
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
Extreme attention to detail, persistent drive for problem-solving, excellent reading comprehension, ability to resolve complex problems in an ever-evolving environment, demonstrated organizational skills, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, and perhaps most importantly the ability to think critically and be creative.