Roman Catholic Diocese of Burlington
What we've done
Established in 1853, the Roman Catholic Diocese of Burlington has a long history of community engagement with a network of churches in Burlington and beyond. They serve as a home base for the Catholic community in Burlington, offering information and programs to help all types of people.
When we took this project on, our goal was to build a website that organized a wide range of information available on multiple web properties into a single, easy-to-use site. We found that by unifying the existing templates, a clear visual association between the different web properties was made, and cross-linking content made it easier for users to access related materials by topic or interest. Tying the blog in with the email newsletter also created a more efficient and effective communication tool for the Diocece. Finally, the new interactive map more clearly shows where Catholic churches and schools can be found in and around Vermont.
- Password protected page for accessing resources
- Interactive map and directory allowing users to search for churches and mass times
- Searchable resource library by keyword and tag
- Easily searchable staff directory by name, dept, and church
- Creation of an automated email campaign that sends out the most recent blog post to all subscribers
- Integration of blog with social media