The Bavarian Chef
A family-owned and operated authentic German restaurant in Madison, Virginia.
Since 1974, The Bavarian Chef has been proudly providing its customers with delicious food and exceptional hospitality, earning it praise from esteemed magazines such as The New York Times and Bon Appetit. Given the restaurant’s ever-growing popularity, the team at The Bavarian Chef felt that it was time to give their old website a much needed redesign.
- SERVICES USED
- TECHNOLOGIES USED
- GRAVITY FORMS PLUGIN
- THE EVENTS CALENDAR PLUGIN
- WPFRONT NOTIFICATION BAR PLUGIN
- KEY HIGHLIGHTS
- MAPPRESS MAPS FOR WORDPRESS PLUGIN
- SITE CAN NOW BE EASILY EDITED BY CLIENT
Bavarian Chef came to Bytes.co in need of a new, modernized, and mobile-friendly website that was easy for them to edit their menus, update daily specials, and add food truck events. The new design had to feature a user-friendly experience for both the guest (locating key information like hours and upcoming events) as well as the restaurant owners (ability to quickly update that key information within the WordPress admin).
From the site’s main menu to the Bavarian Chef’s online dinner menu, the new website needed to feel like an extension of the delightful, Bavarian dining experience of their restaurant.
To get the client up and running fast and to meet their budget needs, our team used a pre-built WordPress theme that aligned with the client’s industry and brand. We also ensured that this theme would be compatible with WooCommerce, so that the client would have the option to add eCommerce to the website in the future. The website also includes an easy-to-update calendar for displaying upcoming events, a notification bar to alert guests of timely announcements, and a blog to feature specials.
All in all, the final result is a clean, modern website that provides a better user experience and highlights The Bavarian Chef’s tasty offerings.
Homepage Layout & Design
The Bavarian Chef’s Homepage features a unique design that speaks to its brand and culture. Throughout the page, visitors get a sense of the type of food and experience they can expect when dining at the Bavarian Chef.
- The banner image showcases the delicious food the Bavarian Chef serves
- The section below provides visitors with important information about restaurant hours and the restaurant’s history
- The menu is featured in an accordion fashion to keep details neat and tidy
- As the user scrolls further down the page, they are met with delicious images of the food, location details, and the latest articles posted to the Blog